They used to be for royalty - now they're for everyone!Retno Wulandari 05 August 2016 13:38
Brilio.net - In addition to its natural beauty and diverse culture, Indonesia also boasts over 300 ethnic groups and 95 percent of them are indigenous.
As a melting pot of such diverse cultures, Indonesia is home to hundreds of traditional costumes that date back centuries. This form of dress used to be reserved for royalty, but nowadays they are worn by everyone on formal occasions, especially weddings.
Each royal costume has a unique design and is often made with traditional textiles. Here are 38 - just a small sample!
1. Solo Basahan Keprabon (Solo, Central Java)
2. Paes Ageng Kanigaran (Yogyakarta, Special Region of Yogyakarta)
3. Jogja Putri Ksatrian Ageng (Yogyakarta, Special Region of Yogyakarta)
4. Paes Ageng (Yogyakarta, Special Region of Yogyakarta)
5. Solo Putri (Solo, Central Java)
6. Paes Ageng Jangan Menir (Yogyakarta, Special Region of Yogyakarta)
7. Solo Basahan (Solo, Central Java)
8. Sunda Siger (West Java)
9. Betawinese (Betawi, Jakarta)
10. Balinese (Island of Bali)
11. Balinese Payas Agung (Island of Bali)
12. Acehnese Samudra Pasai (Special Region of Aceh)
CLICK NEXT TO SEE MORE BEAUTIFUL TRADITIONAL WEDDING DRESSES OF INDONESIA