Dian Pelangi in London, back in 2011 (Photo via Blog.dianpelangi.com)
Dian proves that modest clothing can also be stylish.Retno Wulandari 06 March 2017 15:45
Dian Pelangi is an Indonesian Muslim fashion designer who has become an inspiration for young Muslim girls.
She shows Muslim girls how to be stylish without compromising their decision to wear hijab.
Dian now owns her own label, named Dian Pelangi Fashion, and is also a cofounder of Hijaber Community —a community for Muslim girls where they share tips and experiences related to hijab and Islam.
Her sense of fashion doesn't only translate to her collection sold in stores but also to her personal daily appearance.
Here are some of Dian Pelangi's styles, both in her own creation and other designers'.
1. Exotic hijab style that fits the Moroccan architecture.
2. Dian Pelangi’s Bohemian style in New York City.
3. Beautiful masculine style to match Belgrade’s cold weather.
4. Hijabi can also look beautiful in a kimono.
5. Stylish without being revealing in a modified batwing top.
6. Wearing her own #COIDENTITY collection.
7. Beautiful songket dress, the signature South Sumatran traditional textile. It’s Dian’s hometown.
8. Another loose clothing that looks stunning on her.
9. Ethnic look with a loose tunic and tie-dye sarong.
10. She looks casual and happy in burnt orange and navy stripes dress.