Extraordinary shots from a pile of nearly 50,000 entries.Tunggul Kumoro 26 October 2016 11:00
Brilio.net - After weighing and measuring nearly 50,000 entries, the panel of experts finally decided on American Photographer Tim Laman as the winner of the 52nd annual Wildlife Photographer of the Year. His photos of the critically endangered orangutan in the Indonesian rainforest is said to have eclipsed other finalists' masterpieces on originality, creativity, and technical excellence.
While the winning images from other categories will still go on display at the Natural History Museum in London before exhibited internationally, we gather some of finalists' extraordinary photos for you to check out.
1. The pangolin pit - Paul Hilton, UK
2. The moon and the crow - Gideon Knight, UK
3. Entwined Lives - Tim Laman, US
4. Road to destruction - Tim Laman, US
5. Pursued by fire - Tim Laman, US
6. End of the line? - Tim Laman, US
7. Eviction attempt - Ganesh H. Shankar, India
8. Wind composition - Valter Binotto, Italy
9. The alley cat - Nayan Khanolkar, India
10. Requiem for an owl - Mats Andersson, Sweden
11. Snapper party - Tony Wu
12. Star player - Luis Javier Sandoval, Mexico