Goa Gajah in Gianyar Bali (Photo via Balimediainfo)
These pictures show the island and its landmarks in their untouched beauty.Retno Wulandari 11 November 2016 16:23
11. Ngaben ceremony for deceased Balinese king. Early 20th Century.
12. Kuta beach in 1920. This is the exact location of today's Discovery Mall.
13. Tirta Empul Water Temple in Tampaksiring, Gianyar, near the Tampaksiring Presidential Palace. Pilgrims perform the melukat ritual.
14. The magnificent Gunung Kawi tombs in the middle of lush rainforest. 1930.
15. A statue watches over the Ujung Water Palace. 1925.
16. Mount Batur and Lake Batur in 1925.
17. A cockfight or Tajen in 1940. This tradition still survives.
18. Galungan circa 1936.
19. Ngaben ceremony. Early 20th Century.
20. Tirta Empul Water Temple. Date unknown.
CLICK NEXT TO REVEAL MORE OLD PHOTOS OF BALI