With the blow of a horn, the Festival Kesenian Yogyakarta or Yogyakarta Art Festival begins.Andry Trysandy Mahany 26 August 2016 06:05
Brilio.net - The annual event Festival Kesenian Yogyakarta (FKY) or Yogyakarta Art Festival officially began this week.
During the opening ceremony in the center of Yogyakarta, Sultan Hamengkubuwono X opened the event by blowing a horn along with other dignitaries.
Thirty-eight art groups from around Indonesia took part in the opening ceremony on Tuesday. The festival will run until September 9.
Here are the highlights of the opening day:
1. Parade starts with Kemincis Art Dance performing the Menak Golek dance for the Sultan's guests.
2. Menak Golek is part of the Sultanate tradition.
3. The Dixie Jazz music group also took part.
4. Plenty of traditional art communities were there.
5. Thousands were in the crowd.
6. A group from North Sumatra.
7. Families came to watch the opening ceremony.
8. Regional officials also attended.
9. A big audience.
10. The FKY 2016 will run to September 9.